The Macs

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

labor day picnic

Not a picnic at the park or at the lake, but a picnic in the corn field.  Joel had to work on Labor Day, so we partied in the field.  Ruth made a delicious "tailgate" meal.  Not quite like a K-State football game tailgater, but still lots of fun!


Papa and "Bammy" (Grammy) joined us for the picnic.


Joel loves his new combine.  He says it is awesome, but if you want to know more about it you will have to ask him.  (I know I am the farm wife, but I am not one of those wives that can tell you all about the farm equipment.  I'm learning SLOWLY.)

Joel's brother, James, has been driving the grain cart.  It looks like such a hard job!  Joel says that I will have to learn someday, but I think I am too chicken.

And here is the grain.  The corn is looking good this year!

4 Comments:

Blogger The Moffats said...

I love that you have been updated regularly! so fun :) what happened to Joel's dad's arm?? i will have to show Michael this post when he gets here. i'm sure he will really like all the nifty equipment :)

September 2, 2008 at 10:25 PM  
Blogger The Moffats said...

Its late....I meant to say "updating" regularly...as in the blog. You, of course, are always updated :) haha.

September 2, 2008 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger meg duerksen said...

this looks very fun....so country and farmy.
i am so excited to take cora's picture! i can't wait.

talby was happy all day on sunday from getting to sit right by you . :)

September 2, 2008 at 10:45 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Hey - thanks for your comment! It is so fun to catch up on everyone! Gina is definitely talented - I LOVED all the pics of Cora!! I'm honored to be working with her. :) Our first wedding together is next Saturday, so I'm excited! Keep posting - I like seeing how you're doing! :) Oh - and Cora is beautiful!!

September 6, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home