The Macs

Sunday, September 14, 2008

state fair

Most people go to the fair for the rides and entertainment.

Not us.  We go to the state fair for the delicious, greasy food.  Last year we missed the fair because we were too busy.  We weren't going to let that happen again.  We had empty stomachs and were ready to eat!

James came along to enjoy some pronto pups with Joel.

The turkey legs are my favorite.  I am ashamed to admit that I think I could eat a whole one by myself.  I did share though!

Yummy roasting ears.  I like the butter dripping down your chin James!

And (drumroll please)...
GATOR TATERS!  These are Joel's favorite and they are SO good.  He even tried to make his own one time, but they just didn't compare.

Cora couldn't enjoy the food with us, but she was happy sitting in her stroller sporting her pink tennis shoes.

She loved the lights and noise.  She was very happy even though it was past her bedtime.  Do you like the turkey grease spots on my jeans?


Like any good parents would, we told Cora that she could have anything she wanted.  She went straight to the giant cows.

And we couldn't leave the fair without picking up some bunnies.  


(I have to give James credit for sharing some of his photos.  Thanks James!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen Ekeland said...

We're the same way, we only go for the food too! Once a year we forget health for and afternoon/evening and have a hay day!

September 14, 2008 at 10:43 PM  
Blogger Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

Sorry we didn't make it to the fair this year for Marc to share in the "Love of Gater Tators." I think you know why we missed it this year :) Perhaps next year, we'll be there! I'm sure Luke will take to the fair and the food.

September 15, 2008 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Kara Janzen said...

LOVE the pink shoes! Braden wore shoes for the first time this weekend! Their little feet just look so cute!

September 16, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home