The Macs

Thursday, October 2, 2008

little ori

This is Cora's newest friend Orrin Drake.  My dear friend Julie and her husband Ian welcomed their little boy into the world last week!   He surprised his parents by coming six weeks early.  I guess he just couldn't wait any longer to meet them.  Ori has been in NICU since he was born, but is doing great!  He is such a little sweetheart and looks so much like his daddy (at least I think so).

Julie is a WONDERFUL mother and is being so loving and patient through all the ups and downs.  She is so faithful to trust God and has such a positive attitude even as she spends those long hours in the hospital.  I only hope that I could handle a situation like this with such grace.

And I even got to hold little Ori.  After holding him, Cora felt like a giant.  My little baby isn't so little any more.

It is so amazing to see these little babies and watch them grow.  I am constantly in awe of how God created us each so unique and perfect.  Each one of us is so precious and loved by Him. What an awesome Creator we have!

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my
mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14
 
We are praying that Ori gets to go home with his daddy and mommy soon!  If you want to read more of their story check out Julie's blog here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Thanks for your sweet post! It made me get teary. I so appreciate all you have done for me. I cannot tell you how WONDERFUL it was to come home to a clean kitchen and a delicious meal last night. I'm supposed to get your recipe--Ian LOVED the sandwiches and so did I. You have blessed me more than I could ever have imagined! THANK YOU so, so much. Really, I just can't thank you enough!

October 4, 2008 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger The Boccias said...

You are such a sweet friend. I know you have just overwhelmed Julie with your thoughtfulness! Thanks for being there for my sister. :)

October 5, 2008 at 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home