The Macs

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

roll your way to the Lord

Thank you for all the encouragement last week. I had so much fun reading through all the comments. I told Joel that this is one of the first times in my life that I have actually felt "funny". I'm a pretty serious person. He usually is the one that is making everyone laugh. So thank you for the boost in my self-esteem. :) And sorry for the misleading post title. There are no babies to announce around here. I think I will enjoy my sleep just a little bit longer...I have nine months to catch up on! :) But all joking aside I really do consider it a privilege to hold my babies...even in the middle of the night.

* * * * * * * * *

My boys are starting to play together more and it is so fun to watch them. 

Levi is all boy and not very gentle when he plays so I have been trying to teach him how he can sit and roll the ball to Griffin. You know, instead of throwing it right in his face. It usually works for a few glorious minutes and then he is back to saying "Catch this, Griffers!". Oh my.

Anyway, as I have watched that ball roll out of my boys' hands I have been reminded of a verse that was shared at a woman's retreat I attended a few months ago.

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight and understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 (Amplified Bible)

The speaker said that the word commit (in the original translation) means "roll". She said in essence we are rolling our way to the Lord. We have to first do everything in our power and then we have to let go and trust Him. Just like you would do as you let go of a ball to roll it. I liked that analogy.

I don't like the "rolling" part. It is hard to let go. I like to feel like I am in control. And I don't like when I can't see the big picture and it doesn't make sense with my understanding or what I had planned. But as we roll our way to the Lord, may we know, recognize, and acknowledge Him. He promises to direct and make straight and plain our paths. What an awesome promise.

How do we learn of God's sufficiency in our lives? We trust in the Lord's ways.

What are you holding on to today?
Will you roll your way to the Lord?
Trust Him.


* * * * * * * * *
We are on Day 23 of the 30 Day Challenge. I struggled a little bit to find that quiet time over the weekend as we were out of town for a wedding...but I am pressing on. My time with the Lord has been a huge blessing as I make Him the priority of my days. How are you doing?

12 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

Great analogy! It is not that easy to just trust and leave the 'control freakness' to God :) But somehow we can do it!

June 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM  
Blogger Taking Heart said...

You really are such a gift. I love to read your genuine, kind, gentle posts. You really just make my day and I enjoy your blog so very much. Thank you.

June 27, 2012 at 5:55 AM  
Blogger Krista Hutton said...

Awesome post! Spoke right to me.....I also have a hard time letting it roll. I want so badly to think I am in control of all things in my life. I think life would be even more enjoyable and relaxing if I could truly accept that God has it all under control for me:) Even if I don't understand it!

June 27, 2012 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I am clinging to the Lord today because we are moving, AGAIN :( This time it is really hard and oh so stressful. It is our fourth move in five years with my husbands company and this time it is the hardest. Maybe because of our two littles :)
Either way, I am so so so blessed and I know that God has a plan, so I am clinging to that and holding of for deer life :)

June 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Sara Huber said...

Thanks, just spent some time making a fun frame from scrapbook paper and printed this verse in the Amplified version and your questions at the end of the post on the window above my sink. Needed this today...

June 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger Miss G said...

Thank you for this post, Jess. We too were out of town for a wedding this weekend, in Mexico City! I had a little bit of trouble as well although I persevered better than I do on most trips and I was proud that I jumped back in when we got home.

We are in the middle of a scary time in Colorado Springs with wildfires raging so time with the Lord is extra important! Kelly

June 27, 2012 at 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Griffins monthly picture on his quilt?! ;)

June 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger Rich and Carolyn Dewey said...

Proverbs 3:5-6 - my favorite verse and this amplified translation is wonderful. It was the verse that was the foundation of my little home business 1999-2006. Love the "rolling" analogy! Thanks!!

June 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger stewsie.stoll said...

I know this had nothing to do with this post but I thought of you instantly when I saw it. Been reading your block for a while and this is my first comment, this was too good not to share :)

Susan in Texas

"I'm farming and I grow it!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48H7zOQrX3U&feature=share

June 27, 2012 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger waiting said...

My friend was recently diagnosed with cancer. I sent these words to her. Great analogy. Thanks for the encouraging words!

June 28, 2012 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

This was amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. What a great analogy. Will be thinking on this tonight. Adorable little boys:)

June 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM  
Blogger Paige @ Kids and The Good Stuff said...

I needed this post so much today. I am struggling so much with where I am in life at the moment and for what reason. I feel like I'm spinning wheels in a thankless job when I want to be making a difference preferably at home with my boys! But I'm doing all I can and then rolling it to God and trusting him with the situation. Trying to give up straining to see that big picture and just trust that he has it. Thanks so much.

July 3, 2012 at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home