The Macs

Monday, July 2, 2012

griffin {nine months}

Griffin @ 9 months



We snuck outside early one morning before your brother woke up for your nine month pictures. But even without him around you still managed to be completely distracted.


And all those pictures above were taken in between lots of this. You just couldn't leave that flash card alone.

Things you love...

Food.
You never stop eating. You eat baby food and table food now. And you eat lots of both.

Your brother.
He can make you laugh so hard. And usually you are laughing at him being naughty. You should really not do that and help your mama out.

Water.
Bath time is your favorite. You are so happy in the bath and just splash and splash. You are loving the pool this summer too.

Your walker.
You cruise all over the house now and you are fast. You are constantly running into my legs as you chase me around the house. You can even reach the piano keys when you are in your walker and love to play along with your brother.

Putting things in your mouth.
Not only food but anything you can get your hands on goes in your mouth. Your brother is having to learn how to keep his little toys out of your reach and I am having to vacuum more often. :)

Sleep.
You are turning into an awesome sleeper. Praise the Lord! You are consistently sleeping through the night and you even slept longer than your brother one morning...first time ever. You take two good naps. Thank you for finally sleeping, sweet boy.

Now you can...

Flash a toothy grin.
You've had your teeth for awhile now but they are a lot more noticeable now. Just two teeth still. I love your two teeth grin.

Wave and reach.
You stretch your arm way out and hold your little hand up to wave. You wave just like your sissy did. And you are starting to reach for us when you want to be picked up. You especially like to reach for your mama.

Throw a fit like the best of them.
You do not like things taken away from you. Especially food. It is a sure way to produce instant tears.

Almost crawl.
You are getting so close. You can scoot yourself around pretty good but you are just starting to try to get up on your knees. I am guessing this might be the month for crawling. You've been so much slower than your brother but I'm okay with that.

Almost get a haircut.
Your hair has grown so much this month. Your dad thinks you are about ready for a haircut. I'm going to hold out on the haircut thing as long as I can.


Griffers,
 You are still as sweet as ever. Your smiles and snuggles are the best. You continue to remind me of your sissy in so many ways. I think you could have been twins. Yet, your own personality is shining through as we have gotten to know you the past nine months. I am so thankful for YOU. Oh ya, and I love that you already have a farmer's tan. :) Love you, sweet boy!

Love, Mama

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is amazing how much he resembles Cora. He is a cutie and sounds like he is doing great!

July 3, 2012 at 1:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with the above poster, he really looks like the photos I have seen of baby Cora. He is at my favourite baby age. Totally a full on baby right now. Love that he has a head of hair, unlike my sweet baldy baby ;)

July 3, 2012 at 1:36 AM  
Blogger Mum2twopreciousgifts said...

Beautiful post Jess. And a big big hooray from here for sleep for all of you!

Michelle x

July 3, 2012 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

He's such a sweet boy. I'm sure it must be bittersweet how much he resembles sweet Cora.

July 3, 2012 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Keith and Margaret said...

He is so sweet! And the brotherly love seen in other posts is precious. I can see how this makes you miss Cora even more, I am in tears and I do not even know you personally. Hugs to you and your family, what a blessing that you know you will see Cora again in heaven.

July 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

It's amazing how much he looks like his big sister! So glad he is sleeping all night now! Yay Griffin! (and all the cool guys have farmer's tans, right?!) :)

July 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

He could not get any cuter if he tried!! I love this age! My son just turned 1 (sob!) and I already miss the baby stage :)
Oh, and that farmer's tan is perfect. xoxo

July 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that last picture of him he looks like Levi! I love that age too! It's such a cute time! Enjoy it and keep posting such cute pics!

July 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Auntie EM said...

Just completely adorable. He is just the sweetest thing. I can only imagine the adventures he and his big brother will have in the future. Keep smiling little Levi!!

July 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger Taylor said...

I have been reading your blog from some time now. It is amazing how much Griffin looks like Cora!!!

July 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 9 months Griffin. I agree with everyone. It's amazing how much he reminds me of Cora!

July 3, 2012 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Love the farmer's tan! So cute!

July 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh he is growing so quickly! Great pictures, Jess. Thank you for sharing with us!

July 4, 2012 at 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at those legs! So cute!

July 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

What a cutie! 9 months is such a fun age. And I love his quilt! After I admired the cute baby, I scrolled through again to admire the quilt! Are the circle edges zigzagged? Just lovely!

July 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Auntie EM said...

I meant keep smiling little Griffin but Levi can too!! I am sure they will have plenty of fun to make them smile a lot!!

July 4, 2012 at 10:40 PM  
Blogger The Schilling's from Cimarron said...

What a dolly!:)
love all of the photos! Yes what a fun age!:) love that he brings out so much of sweet Cora! Hope your all doing great and can't wait to see how the boys loved the 4th of July! Take care always! Miss you!

July 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Beautiful baby....and the quilt is finished! Love seeing your pictures.
Deborah

July 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

He is so cute! He really looks a lot like Cora. Happy 9 months!

July 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home