The Macs

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

hopefully not another crop failure

 We are still sick here. Ugh. Everyone is slowly getting better, but it has been a long week. I even got sick yesterday. Just a cold, so I am thankful for that...but man, it stinks to be sick in the summer!

You wouldn't want to see any pictures of us this week. We are a wreck. So, here are a few of us planting pumpkins before we went on our "vacation". 

 Pumpkins are my favorite thing to grow in our garden. I love having lots of pumpkins around in the fall. This is the beginnings of our little pumpkin patch.

 Joel always laughs at me because I get so excited about planting pumpkins and then he usually ends of doing all the work. But, Levi thinks that gardening is his and daddy's job. And really, who would document our memories if I wasn't taking the pictures? I promise I'll water and pull weeds, honey!

 Griffin wants to be part of the action so badly. Instead he has to be contained in his walker because otherwise his mouth would be full of dirt. Someday, little boy.

 "Look mom! I have pumpkins on my head." :)

 Levi watches everything his daddy does so carefully. He doesn't miss anything.

 And when he's not watching his daddy he is helping and trying to be just like him.

And this is what Griffin and I did. Stand in the middle of the garden and watch the boys work. We were so helpful.

Our garden has been quite a huge failure this year. The heat and drought has been so hard on it. Bummer. So I am hoping that my pumpkins make up for the rest of my crop failures. I am quickly learning that gardening may not be my best skill!

9 Comments:

Blogger The Farmers Nest said...

Thanks for reminding me to plant pumpkins. I hope yours turn out great.

July 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

It's so neat to read these posts about your life "on the farm." It seems like a whole different world from living in the suburbs of San Diego. I'm pretty envious of having your own pumpkin patch, though! I can't think of a neater way to spend autumn than walking through your very own patch and using all of your harvest to decorate your home. So fun! And sweet Levi working so hard just like his Dad is too cute for words. On a side note, I listened to the sermon that you mentioned in your recent post and I loved it. Thanks for sharing the link! Your pastor is so sweet. Loved his golf analogy at the beginning. That would have really gotten my hubby's attention, had he been listening in. :) So much wisdom we can glean from the book of Proverbs. Hope you all get back to feeling better soon!

July 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger happy_wife said...

Really it isn't possible for your family to be any cuter! I also have two boys and I love, love, love seeing the photos of your family! It is such a sweet, loving innocence in every photo you post. Do you have any professional experience? DO you edit them at all? They look so perfectly take, I am just wondering. :)

Jane

July 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I love that first picture where Griffin is in his walker just watching daddy and Levi. His little chunky self couldn't look any cuter!
Your boys just get cuter with every post :)

July 26, 2012 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

It's been really hot and dry here in Indiana as well. The crops look horrible andante people have started mowing the corn off or plowing it under. Some people aren't going to have enough corn to feed their livestock so they are selling them. It's really sad. We are praying for some relief soon. Good luck with your Pumpkins!

Sarah@ This Farm Famliys Life

July 26, 2012 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger Erin and Ryan said...

Wish we had room for pumpkins! We could manage space for one...maybe :0D My husband takes care of "our" small garden. Good luck! Praying for rain!

July 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM  
Anonymous Melanie Martini (Minnesota) said...

Griffin's pudgy, little legs just crack me up! Such a sweet family. :-)

July 26, 2012 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Rich and Carolyn Dewey said...

HOpe your family is well soon. It stinks being sick in the summer, especially one as HOT as this one! I can just hear the wheels in Levi's little head turning as he watches Joel. It's obvious he doesn't miss a thing! Bless you all!

July 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Auntie EM said...

We are experiencing the worst heat spell in Salt Lake City Utah. We will remember these days fondly in January!! We are afterall in a high desert plateau so we have to expect heat. It is wonderful to see all the seasons, to watch the earth change, and to be amazed every day in the beauty and wonder of God's creations. Your boys are getting big and are as cute as ever.

July 26, 2012 at 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home